How can I help my child be more successful in school? Why is my child so frustrated with school? These are questions many parents find themselves asking. Here are some signs that your child may need help.
1. Your child's grades start to fall no matter how hard he/she seems to be working.
2. Your child's teacher or school counselor recommends help outside of school. It may occur when report cards or progress reports are issued or at a parent-teacher conference.
3. No matter how long your child spends on homework, it's neither correct nor complete. This can be due to a lack of basic skills or "learning gaps" in a specific academic area.
4. Your child shows signs of giving up and makes comments such as, "I give up. I can't do that." (What's worse is if you find yourself saying it.)
5. Your child has lost interest in learning and does not want to go to school, fearing failure and criticism from others.
6. Your child lacks confidence and motivation due to frustration and failure in school.
7. The teacher reports an increase in behavior problems or says he/she is acting out in class.
If your child is showing any of these signs, Success Center has a variety of offerings that can be of assistance. Contact us to find out more!